Senior Marketing Manager
San Francisco, California
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for mobile devices, PCs, home, and automotive. THX develops technologies, products and specifications that perfect the consumer entertainment experience, and enable the artist to deliver their true vision.
This position reports to Vice President, Global Marketing
Drive product and partner marketing strategy, partner with business line(s), operations, and PR teams to develop and implement programs communicating product positioning, messaging and B2B/B2C narratives.
More specifically, the Sr. Marketing Manager will:
- Create and communicate all B2B and B2C product positioning, messaging, and marketing strategy.
- Own the development and execution of our partner marketing strategy, including the creation of sales materials, quarterly business reviews, integrated campaigns, and event marketing. Work at the strategic level to craft the partner value propositions, refine go-to-market campaigns and messages based on performance metrics for key partnerships.
- Work with product managers, business development, marketing communications, social media, and PR on the development of product launch activities, press releases, and marketing materials.
- Build senior-level relationships with key stakeholders, both internally and with top partners. Conduct regular planning sessions focused on the successful sell-in and execution of marketing programs, ensuring overall marketing objectives are achieved smoothly.
- Structure marketing programs so that benchmarks can be set and results achieved. Recommend and implement measurement methodologies and analyze program performance on an ongoing basis to ensure continual improvement.
- Identify opportunities to leverage THX social media platforms in order to amplify product promotion and launches.
- Own quarterly budget planning and vendor management. Conduct quarterly planning to ensure budget and resources are allocated to support upcoming program requirements for new product introductions or sustaining needs. Closely manage vendors to ensure quality support and execution of programs.
- Develop and execute integrated marketing campaigns with key partners across the THX Home and Mobile business groups
- Coordinate with events lead for industry trade shows and events
- Facilitate market research for expansion of program offerings and reach
- Additional responsibilities, as assigned
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- 8-10 years of marketing experience preferred
- Successful track record in B2B and B2C marketing with experience in marketing audio products highly desirable
- Experience in entertainment industry, exhibition or distribution preferred
- Global experience highly desired
- Experience with agency management, acquisition marketing operations, platforms and technology.
- Must know and understand advanced features of Microsoft Office suite, Keynote, and G-Suite apps
- Experience managing outside vendor relationships and projects
- Experience with WordPress CMS preferred
Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Analytics or related field.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Intelligent, quick learner with an analytical orientation, strategic vision, consensus building skills, and consultative style
- Ability to collaborate cross-functionally to optimize resources and leverage knowledge to gain competitive advantage. Demonstrated ability to positively influence people across all functional areas of an organization
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to listen effectively, socialize ideas across functions, and articulate the vision of the company, both internally and externally
- Excellent strategic planning skills; demonstrated success building buy-in for an innovative and bold vision
- A team builder and team player with an inclusive, collaborative style that engenders trust, develops credibility, and elevates morale.
- Able to quickly gain the respect and support of both management, internal and external partners, and employees by demonstrating marketing expertise and personal attributes such as good judgment, business acumen, attention to detail, objectivity, teamwork, quiet confidence, and accountability.
- High level of customer service skills
- Self-starter with a solutions focused mindset
- Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task
- Strong attention to detail
- Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
- The performance of this position may occasionally require nominal travel within the THX organization or to other organizations.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 10 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
To apply for this role, please click “Apply Now,” to submit a resume.Apply Now
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.