San Francisco, CA
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for home, automotive and mobile applications. THX develops designs, technologies, products and specifications perfecting the entertainment experience to ensure the artist’s vision is truthfully delivered to audiences.
This position reports the VP Audio Architecture in the Technology business unit.
Design and develop cutting edge digital software products that enhance consumer audio on a variety of devices including smartphones, tablets, PCs, and consumer electronic devices. You will apply audio algorithms that enable consumers to experience theater-like surround sound through the playback of movies, music, games on device headphones and speakers. You will build, tune, and support audio offerings across multiple platforms (IOS, Android, Mac, Windows) and devices.
- Develop low level audio processing for multiple architectures.
- Develop software that runs on a variety processor and DSPs architectures including Qualcomm, ARM, Intel, and Intel
- Integrate audio processing libraries into the audio pipeline of application, OS and aDSP environments.
- Support the entire product lifecycle (concept, design, develop, Q/A, release, maintenance)
- Evaluate and analyze 3rd party competitors and offerings.
- Work with internal engineering teams to ensure that the technical risks for a particular product or technology are well understood.
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Experience in one or more of the following areas:
smartphones, tablets, PCs, consumer electronic products
- Proficiency in C/C++
- Experience developing and integrating utilities, algorithms or lower level libraries into applications, operating system, and DSPs.
- Passion for audio technologies.
Preferred but not required
- Experience with either of these: Unity, Unreal4
- Experience with any of these: Wwise, FMOD, Pro-Tools DAW
- Proficiency in Python, Objective-C, and Java
- Experience with Digital Audio Signal Processing
Bachelor’s degree in computer science or related technical field. Graduate degree a plus.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Demonstrated ability to focus on a highly technical subject and see beyond the traditional boundaries of product definitions and domains
- Knowledgeable in modern engineering process and best practices. Willing to champion new engineering process when necessary. Strict adherence to engineering documentation process.
- Strong leadership, teamwork, written and verbal communication skills.
- Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
- The performance of this position may occasionally require travel within the THX organization or to other organizations and/or events.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 50 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
To apply for this role, please click “Apply Now,” to submit a resume to email@example.com.Apply Now
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.