THX Onyx Warranty Policy
What is a Valid Proof of Purchase?
- For any Limited Warranty claim, a valid Proof of Purchase is required. A valid Proof of Purchase is defined as one of the following:
- A dated sales receipt from an authorized THX Dealer or Reseller. The receipt must show the Product description and price.
- A dated official email from an authorized online THX Dealer or Reseller confirming purchase and shipment of Product. The confirmation email must show the Product description and price.
- An order number from the web site
- Some examples of a non-valid Proof of Purchase are:
- The UPC bar code from the box.
- A picture of the actual Product.
- A Certificate of Authenticity.
- Receipts from unauthorized THX Dealers.
- Receipts from any online auction sites, liquidators or clearance houses.
- A receipt or order number from any vendor other than those listed under valid resellers.
- Cancelled checks.
- Credit card statements.
*THX reserves the right to take any action to protect itself against all forms of suspicious claims, including, without limitation, requiring further verification of identity and details of claimant and qualifying purchases as well as debarment of claim.
- What if I don’t have Proof of Purchase?
- If you purchased from a THX dealer or reseller, contact the dealer or reseller and see if they can provide a copy of your receipt. They will often have your purchase history on file and be able to supply a copy of the receipt for you.
- If the Product was purchased online, be sure to check your old emails. The vendor should have sent you a confirmation page showing that the Product has been shipped to you.
- If the Product was a gift we suggest you ask the giver to provide you with a receipt. You may also ask them if they could handle the Limited Warranty process for you if asking for the receipt is not appropriate.
- Why does THX require a valid Proof of Purchase?
- THX must positively identify that the Product falls within the applicable Limited Warranty period. We also need to verify that the Product was purchased from an authorized seller of THX Products.
- Products purchased from unauthorized dealers are often used, counterfeit, re-boxed, defective, or gray market goods. These units may also not be designed and packaged to work in your country and may not meet all legal and safety requirements. THX will not be able to honor a Limited Warranty on Products not purchased from an authorized dealer or ones that are outside the Limited Warranty period. If you have purchased the Product from an unauthorized dealer, all support and Limited Warranty issues should be directed to that dealer.
- THX has these policies in place to protect both our valued customers and resellers.
- Who is authorized to sell THX Products?
- How long is my Limited Warranty?
- You are eligible for Limited Warranty support for one year from purchase.
Please note that third-party products may be covered by the product manufacturer’s warranty and these warranty terms are exclusively provided by the product manufacturer. THX does not offer a warranty for third-party products. If you need product or warranty support with your third-party product, please contact the product manufacturer. Please consult the product documentation provided by the product manufacturer for details.
If you are uncertain whether your Product is eligible for Limited Warranty support, please contact our support team for clarification here.
Where can I get Limited Warranty support?
Many answers to common questions and problems can be found on our THX Onyx Support page. If you are unable to find a solution to your problem in our knowledge base articles you can contact our support team using the contact form found there.
LIMITED PRODUCT WARRANTY (“Limited Warranty”)
What are the terms and conditions of the Limited Warranty? What is covered?
Limited Warranty. THX warrants the Product to be free from defects in materials and workmanship (subject to the terms set forth herein) when used normally in accordance with the official documentation for the applicable Warranty Period from the date of retail purchase.
Exclusions and Limitations. This Limited Warranty does not cover:
- software, including (without limitation) (i) the operating system and software added to the THX-branded hardware products through our factory-integration system, (ii) third-party software, or (iii) the reloading of software, software configurations or any data files;
- non-THX branded products and accessories, even if packaged and sold with the Product;
- problems with and/or damage to the Product caused by using accessories, parts, or components not made by THX;
- damage caused by service (including upgrades and expansions) performed by anyone who is not officially acting as an employee, representative or sub-contractor of THX;
- claims arising from any unacceptable use or care of the Product, including (without limitation) misuse, abuse, negligence, unauthorized modification or repair, unauthorized commercial use or any operation of the Product outside THX’s recommended parameters;
- claims arising from external causes, including (without limitation), accidents, acts of God, liquid contact, fire or earthquake;
- Products with a serial number or date stamp that has been altered, obliterated or removed;
- Products for which THX will not receive payment; or
- cosmetic damage, minor cosmetic abnormalities (including minor pixel abnormalities) and normal wear and tear, including (without limitation), scratches, dents and chips.
THX does not warrant that the operation of the Product will be uninterrupted or error-free. ALL SOFTWARE AND THIRD PARTY PRODUCTS AND ACCESSORIES PROVIDED WITH THE PRODUCT ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. You assume the entire risk as to the quality, performance, accuracy and effect of such items, and should any prove defective, you, and not THX, assume the entire cost of all necessary servicing or repair.
Remedies under this Limited Warranty
If an eligible claim on the Limited Warranty is received by THX within the applicable Warranty Period, THX will (at its sole option) either: (a) repair the Product or the defective parts at no charge, using new or refurbished replacement parts; (b) exchange the Product with a Product that is new or which has been manufactured from new or serviceable used parts and is at least functionally equivalent to the original Product. Goods presented for repair may be replaced by refurbished goods of the same type rather than being repaired. Refurbished parts may be used to repair the goods. THX reserves the sole right to determine whether a claim is eligible and/or whether the Product is defective. Where the Product is an “end of life” Product model, THX may (at its sole option) exchange the Product with a functionally equivalent substitute model from THX’s current Product range. THX has the sole option to provide any other type of remedy in addition to or in substitution of the aforesaid remedies. Repaired or exchanged Products shall be warranted free from defects for a period of ninety (90) days after date of repair or exchange (as the case may be), or for the remainder of the original Warranty Period, whichever is longer.
Entire Limited Warranty
ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OF MERCHANTABILITY OR FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE ARE LIMITED TO THE DURATION OF THE APPLICABLE WARRANTY PERIOD. ALL OTHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED CONDITIONS, REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTY OF NON-INFRINGEMENT, ARE DISCLAIMED. Some jurisdictions do not allow limitations on how long an implied warranty lasts, so the above limitation may not apply to you. This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may also have other rights which vary by jurisdiction. No THX supplier, dealer, agent, or employee is authorized to alter or extend the terms of this Limited Warranty or to make any representation whatsoever. THX reserves the right to amend the terms of this Limited Warranty at any time without notice.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE EXTENT NOT PROHIBITED BY LAW, IN NO EVENT WILL THX BE LIABLE FOR ANY LOST DATA, LOST PROFIT, OR FOR SPECIAL, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (OTHER THAN PERSONAL INJURY DAMAGES), HOWEVER CAUSED REGARDLESS OF THE THEORY OF LIABILITY, ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THE USE OF OR INABILITY TO USE A PRODUCT, EVEN IF THX HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. IN NO EVENT WILL THX’S LIABILITY EXCEED THE AMOUNT PAID BY YOU FOR THE PRODUCT. The foregoing limitations will apply even if any warranty or remedy provided under this Agreement fails of its essential purpose. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above limitation or exclusion may not apply to you.
How to make a Limited Warranty claim
IF YOU PURCHASED THE PRODUCT FROM A THX RESELLER, PLEASE CONTACT THE THX RESELLER IN REGARDS TO YOUR LIMITED WARRANTY CLAIM. If your THX reseller is in the United States or Canada, they will only assist you with your warranty claim for 30 days from the date of your purchase, please follow the steps below if it has been more than 30 days from the date of your purchase.
If you are unable to return the Product to the THX reseller for whatever reason, please follow the steps below:
- Note the RMA Number in a visible place on the outside of the package.
- Enclose a Valid Proof of Purchase and the reason for the return inside the package.
- Send the Product with RMA Number and Valid Proof of Purchase to the THX support address provided by THX customer support.
DO NOT SEND THX ANY PRODUCT WITHOUT A VALID RMA NUMBER.
We advise that you select a method of shipping that is traceable (eg. UPS, DHL, FedEx). Any expense of claiming under this Limited Warranty will be borne by the person making the claim (including any shipping and handling charges in returning the Product to THX, as well as any applicable customs, duties or taxes in relation to the claim). If the Product is validly returned under the terms of this Limited Warranty, THX will be responsible for postage expenses for shipping the Product back to you (but not any customs charges, duties, or taxes). You are responsible for ensuring that the Product is properly packaged and will bear the full risk of loss or damage for any Product that is returned improperly packaged. Risk of loss or damage in the returned Product only passes to THX when the Product is received by THX and THX shall not be responsible for items lost in transit to us. In the event that the procedure herein is not followed, THX reserves the right to accept the delivery of the Product on such terms that it may determine at its sole discretion.
Returns Not Covered by this Limited Warranty
If THX receives a Product from you that does not meet the requirements of this Limited Warranty, including (but not limited to) a Product that (a) lacks a valid RMA Number, (b) is not accompanied by a valid Proof of Purchase, (c) is no longer covered under the Warranty Period, or (d) does not have a defect covered by this Limited Warranty, you may be responsible for an assessment fee, return shipping and handling fees, and other reasonable fees as may be required by THX prior to the Product being returned to you.
Software/Data Backup Repair of the Product may result in loss of data. It is solely your responsibility to complete a backup of all existing data, software, and programs on the Product before returning the Product or receiving technical assistance services from THX (including telephone support). THX WILL HAVE NO LIABILITY FOR LOSS OF OR RECOVERY OF DATA, SOFTWARE, PROGRAMS, OR LOSS OF USE OF PRODUCT(S). Under no circumstances will THX be responsible for any loss of data, software, or programs, even if THX technicians have attempted to assist you with your backup, recovery or similar services. Any such assistance is beyond the scope of this Limited Warranty. Following service under this Limited Warranty, your Product may be returned to you as configured when originally purchased, subject to applicable updates. You will be responsible for reinstalling all other data, software and programs.
Consumer Law This Limited Warranty gives you specific legal rights, and you may have other rights that vary by your country, province or state, as applicable. Other than as permitted by law, THX does not exclude, limit or suspend other rights you may have. For a full understanding of your rights, you should consult the laws of your country, province or state, as applicable.
Translation This Limited Warranty may be translated into any other language. However, in the event of any inconsistency between the English language version and any translated versions, this English version will at all times prevail and take precedence.
General This Limited Warranty applies only to the original purchaser of the Product and is non-transferable. This Limited Warranty is only valid in the country where originally purchased. If the Product was shipped internationally by an authorized reseller, the country of original purchase is the shipping point of the reseller. This Limited Warranty is governed by and construed under the laws of the country in which the original Product purchase took place. No THX reseller, agent, distributor, or employee is authorized to make any modification, extension or addition to this Limited Warranty. If any term of this Limited Warranty is held to be illegal or unenforceable, the legality or enforceability of the remaining terms shall not be affected or impaired.
THX Onyx is a Trademark of THX. Ltd.