Senior Manager, Software Engineering
California - Remote
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for mobile devices, PCs, home, and automotive. THX develops technologies, products and specifications that perfect the consumer entertainment experience, and enables the artist to deliver their true vision.
THX is looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager who will lead the software team to build, integrate, and deliver audio software and system solutions for PCs, Mobile Devices, Speakers, and other consumer electronic devices.
***Must be eligible to work in the USA without work visa sponsorship.***
- Provide leadership and guidance to a team of engineers.
- Utilize good design and problem-solving skills, with a strong bias for quality and engineering excellence to ensure high-quality product design and delivery.
- Provide architectural recommendations and technical leadership in a collaborative manner with team members.
- Serve as a credible technical voice for THX to customers, press, and partners.
- Utilize vast network of colleagues and connections to identify and engage key technical contacts at various partner and supplier organizations.
- Work with architects and engineers to initiate and refine new product designs.
- Articulate technical proposals and assume ownership of the technical roadmap and delivery timelines.
- Partner with Product and Project managers on strategic planning to continuously improve the Engineering organization.
- Travel up to 10% (domestic and international).
- 5+ years of experience as a software developer delivering public-facing applications or products.
- 3+ years proven experience managing and leading a team of five or more engineers in an agile environment with a focus on servant-leadership.
- Engineering mathematics proficiency is required, including but not limited to integral and differential calculus, discrete math, and numerical analysis; familiarity with desktop applications such as MATLAB, Mathematica, Jupyter notebooks, et al is a plus.
- Understanding of perceptual audio technologies and their underlying design and implementation.
- Extensive development experience on desktop PC platforms and applications (Microsoft Windows 8.1 and above, with MacOS 10.x and/or Linux a plus).
- Experience with media systems technology and integration in the software domain.
- Familiarity with mobile device subsystem integration for Android, as well as application integration for iOS and other platforms.
- Demonstrated experience up-leveling engineering practices on a team (e.g. CI/CD and DevOps).
- Must have experience of shared documents (Google Docs / Adobe Acrobat / Microsoft 365), direct messaging for team communication (Slack/Teams), and issue tracking applications (Atlassian JIRA).
- Amazon AWS or Microsoft Azure skills are a plus.
- A comprehensive understanding of integrated development and source-control environments typically used by an agile software team is a must-have, including but not limited to Android Studio, Microsoft Visual Studio, and GitHub / Bitbucket.
- Experience working with International OEM partners; have the ability to communicate effectively in a worldwide environment
- BS degree in Computer Science, Software or Electrical Engineering, or related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent work organization, planning, and project management skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Effective collaborator experienced in building technical partnerships across teams.
- Ability to own and deliver projects and results of growing technical complexity.
To apply for this role, please click “Apply Now,” to submit a resume.
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.