Sr. Product Manager
San Francisco, California
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for mobile devices, PCs, home, and automotive. THX develops technologies, products and specifications that perfect the consumer entertainment experience, and enable the artist to deliver their true vision.
This position reports to the GM/SVP Mobile
The Sr. Product Manager will lead and manage the development and evolution of new and existing THX technology product offerings, and will champion product and the product development process throughout the organization.
More specifically, the Sr. Product Manager will:
- Define a design language that manifests the brand identity through physical and digital product design and is flexible enough to accommodate the initial audio products as well as future product opportunities on the product roadmap
- Conceive, write, edit, update and keep current a library of PRDs
- Manage UX development process and associated deliverables (user stories, wireframes, UX specifications, etc.)
- Interface with the design team and manage UI development process and associated deliverables (mock-ups, redlines, etc.)
- Use on-going market research and lean development techniques to understand customer needs and deliver products that are valuable, usable, and feasible
- Partner with other functions, including research, engineering, business development, project management, marketing, content, sales, support, and operations to produce the best quality products and services
- Work with existing and prospective partners to identify, scope and recommend new collaborative product opportunities.
- Effectively manage project scope, schedule and deliverables in a fast-paced environment
- Develop and present user stories to effectively communicate the product experience
- Represent the team in meetings and presentations to internal and external stakeholders
- Identify customer problems and apply meaningful product innovation to solve them
- Participate in and translate consumer/ethnographic insights into product opportunities
- Contribute to concept development, individually and as part of a team as required
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience in product development and management
- Thorough understanding and extensive hands-on experience with all phases of the product process from market research and design strategy to concept development and execution
- Deep familiarity with JIRA (or equivalent) and PRD/MRD documentation (with samples)
- Excellent writing and editing skills
- Experience in leading a project from concept through production
- Well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques
- Ability to align product with strategic business/marketing objectives
- Demonstrated project management skills or proven project leadership experience
- Organizational skills; ability to set a plan to reach final deliverables
- Self-motivated in an entrepreneurial environment
- Must be able to collaborate with, influence and enroll multiple functions to deliver great product
- Must be able to connect consumer insights, technology, sociocultural and market trends in meaningful ways to uniquely solve product challenges
Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent in engineering or equivalent, preferred
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Passionate about audio technologies
- Passion for creating amazing products
- Keen sense of style and details
- Strong sense of workplace ethics
- Excellent analytical skills, creativity, problem solving, and teamwork skills
- Believer in collaboration in a multi-disciplinary environment
- Ability to move seamlessly between tactical and strategic efforts
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills; ability to assertively sell ideas based on solid rationale & objectives and to present design thinking to all levels of co-workers throughout all stages of the process
- Highly driven and proactive self-starter; ability to take on a task without much context and drive it through to completion
- Able to think innovatively, see the big picture, yet still tend to the details
- Inspiring, open minded, hard-working, collaborative, and passionate
Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
The performance of this position may occasionally require travel within the THX organization or to other organizations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 10 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need an accommodation, please contact Human Resources. We will make a determination for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
This position description is intended to provide a general summary of the functions of this job within THX and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Any questions regarding this position description shall be referred to Human Resources. THX reserves the right to modify this position description at any time.
To apply for this role, please click “Apply Now,” to submit a resume.Apply Now
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.