Social Media and Community Marketing Manager
San Francisco, California
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for mobile devices, PCs, home, and automotive. THX develops technologies, products and specifications that perfect the consumer entertainment experience, and enable the artist to deliver their true vision.
This position reports to the VP Global Marketing
The Social Media and Community Manager will be responsible for leveraging social media platforms to amplify the THX Brand. This individual will be responsible for the development and implementation of a Social Media and Community Marketing Management plan, will have a pulse on pop culture, and will help grow THX’s social media channels.
More specifically, the candidate will:
- Oversee and manage all social media and community marketing initiatives for the THX brand
- Be responsible for THX social media channel performance:
- Develop KPIs and ROI measurement of all THX social media channels
- Management of all social media listening and analytics tools
- Manage social media content development across all platforms
- Provide leadership, strategy and guidance regarding THX’s social media marketing and community program
- Work collaboratively with product marketing managers and the public relations team to define and implement programs and promotions that support marketing plans and overall business objectives
- Generate innovative social media ideas that drive significant impact to the overall business
- Contribute to the overall THX marketing strategy
- Facilitate project-related team meetings, capturing and following up on action items, and delivering metrics reports as needed
- Develop and execute a targeted social paid advertising strategy. Set and track KPIs for acquisition and engagement goals
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- Minimum 4 years of experience in social media and community management
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of online marketing platforms, including social media, email, and web, and their respective participants, and how each platform can be uniquely deployed to meet business objectives, e.g. Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Pinterest, LinkedIn, Spotify etc.
- Proficient with social media monitoring and content management tools (Meltwater, Sprout Social, etc.)
- Strong understanding of business analytics
- A pulse on pop culture
- Experience in Entertainment and Gaming, or related industries
- Experience with Forum management tools is a plus
- Knowledge regarding Paid Social Media initiatives
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Excellent writing and language skills
- Highly motivated individual, a social media and marketing guru, with applicable experience and passion in the areas of consumer electronics and/or cinema
- Working knowledge of the social media ecosystem relevant to the consumer electronics and/or movie industries
- Ability to jump from the creative side of marketing to analytical side, able to demonstrate why ideas are analytically sound
- An in-depth understanding of consumer’s needs, interests and passions
- Ability to collaborate with various departments to help define both the brand story and the story as interpreted by the customer
- Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
- The performance of this position may occasionally require nominal travel within the THX organization or to other organizations
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 10 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
To apply for this role, please click “Apply Now,” to submit a resume.Apply Now
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.