San Francisco, California
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for mobile devices, PCs, home, and automotive. THX develops technologies, products and specifications that perfect the consumer entertainment experience, and enable the artist to deliver their true vision.
This position reports to GM/SVP Mobile
The Project Manager will play a key role in managing and documenting the development of innovative immersive audio and video products, technologies and services, while balancing internal and external business needs against the product scope, delivery schedule and technical resources available.
More specifically, the Project Manager will:
- Partner with research, product, and engineering to develop the program plan for each of the internal and external product deliverables
- Participate in (or lead, as required) client/partner calls to ensure project schedule and product deliverables are met
- Work with product management, research and engineering to deliver high quality technology products that deliver tangible value to our customers, and meets or exceeds all external client deliverable timelines
- Plan and manage software and hardware projects from concept to final delivery
- Coordinate project meetings, communicate status, readiness, business issues, technical issues, resource requirements and their resolution
- Manage the Product Development Life Cycle as the Agile Scrum Master
- Align product sprint schedule with key technology group quarterly objectives
- Identify and report obstacles that will prevent attainment of sprint objectives
- Maintain project planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting, and report status and risks in weekly operational reviews
- Maintain effective communication with research, product, and engineering groups to deliver quality products on schedule utilizing the resources allocated
- Initiate and drive software and hardware project development process improvement activities
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- 4+ years project management experience with software, hardware or cloud products
- Strong success working directly with product and engineering to initiative, manage and deliver high quality products and services
- Experience with Agile development principles, best practices, and tools (Agile / Scrum / Jira)
- Ability to be flexible with regard to the “traditional” agile/scrum development process
- Experience tracking development and delivery using tools and metrics. (PSI, KPI, MVP, Burndown charts)
- Project Management certification preferred (PMP or Scrum)
- Strong project management, problem solving and motivational skills
- Working experience with audio and video products and services preferred
Bachelor’s degree and Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- A highly motivated individual capable of initiating and managing technology engineering projects from inception to delivery
- A strong sense of leadership, ownership, teamwork and collaboration
- Self-motivated with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical project manager
- Flexible, willing and able to participate in early-morning and late-night calls due to international customer availability
- Excellent writer
Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
The performance of this position may occasionally require nominal travel within the THX organization or to other organizations, less than 5%.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 10 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with physical and mental disabilities. If you need an accommodation, please contact Human Resources. We will make a determination for reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis.
This position description is intended to provide a general summary of the functions of this job within THX and is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required by the employee. Any questions regarding this position description shall be referred to Human Resources. THX reserves the right to modify this position description at any time.
To apply for this role, please click “Apply Now,” to submit a resume.Apply Now
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.