San Francisco, California
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for mobile devices, PCs, home, and automotive. THX develops technologies, products and specifications that perfect the consumer entertainment experience, and enable the artist to deliver their true vision.
This position reports to Sr. Manager, Marketing
Perform a wide range of operational tasks to assist the Marketing Department with coordination of marketing programs and communications projects for the THX Home and Mobile business groups.
More specifically, the Marketing Specialist will:
● Develop and manage e-mail newsletter correspondence
● Act as internal liaison and develop report structure to assist in tracking and prioritizing departmental projects
● Coordinate web content updates and assist with developing content when necessary
● Coordinate any corporate mailings, including direct mail, trailer and cinema kit distribution
● Assist with the execution of marketing programs & promotions
● Provide support to the home theater and cinema training programs
● Track website, newsletter and social performance metrics
● Generate and track purchase orders and invoices
● Manage responses to public relations, marketing and training emails
● Maintain and update contact lists
● Maintain and update product and certified professional lists
● Research and recommend tradeshow and/or seminar options based on internal goals and strategies
● Interface with sales, marketing, public relations, and other departments and/or outside vendors to execute customer/internal communication plans
● Measure, record, and present results of each initiative to marketing manager; recommend changes to improve effectiveness
● Oversee production of marketing materials; monitors for quality and corporate identity guidelines
● Assists with new product and service announcements
● Manages and maintains communications library
● Performs other related duties as assigned by management
Qualified candidates must have the following:
● Minimum 2 years of marketing experience
● Experience in technology and/or entertainment industries a plus
● Must know and understand advanced features of Excel, Word, Outlook, PowerPoint and Keynote
● Experience working with outside vendors
● Experience with WordPress CMS preferred
Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field preferred.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
● Strong organizational and project management skills with the ability to multi-task
● Excellent verbal and written communication skills
● Strong attention to detail
● High level of customer service skills
● Self-starter with a solutions focused mindset
● Regular, Full-Time, Non-Exempt
● The performance of this position may occasionally require nominal travel within the THX organization or to other organizations, less than 5%
● The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 10 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
To apply for this role, please click “Apply Now,” to submit a resume.Apply Now
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.