Manager/Senior Manager of Home and Cinema Sales
San Francisco, CA
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for home, automotive and mobile applications. THX develops designs, technologies, products and specifications perfecting the entertainment experience to ensure the artist’s vision is truthfully delivered to audiences.
This position reports to VP of Sales
The Manager/Senior Manager of Home & Cinema Sales is responsible for accelerating sales in both consumer electronics markets – speakers, headphones, TV, & cinema markets – commercial cinema, professional studios, mixing rooms, etc. The incumbent will be tasked with finding and penetrating consumer electronics makers and commercial cinema exhibitors of various types to adopt THX Certification, Consulting, and Design work.
More specifically, the Manager/Senior Manager of Home & Cinema Sales will:
- Identify strategic accounts, based on our prioritized target markets
- Source decision-makers at the business, product, and engineering levels of an account
- Follow up on leads generated by business development and marketing
- Pitch our solutions during face-to-face meetings with prospects in international markets
- Identify customer business objectives and pain points that can be addressed by our solutions
- Work closely with established accounts to strengthen relationships, identify sales opportunities and build upon current licensing commitments
- Move the sales process to a point of adoption
- Ensure that cross functional work is being done to be successful.
- Work with Engineering, Home Product, Cinema Product, Marketing, Operations, Legal, and Finance.
- Work with our Home & Cinema product team to identify deliverables and deadlines for prospects and customers
- Estimate the potential size of a given deal (IE: Forecasting)
- Negotiate the basic terms of a business agreement
- Write proposals and conduct presentations with a proven record at negotiating, structuring and closing deals with a high level of integrity
- Work in conjunction with the legal department to generate contracts
- Close multiple deals within the target time frames
- Track client interactions in our CRM throughout the process
- Assist all members of the THX Sales and Product department as necessary to achieve department,company performance, and sales goals.
Qualified candidates must have a majority of the following:
- Minimum of 5 years of experience successfully managing enterprises as customers for technology-based solution
- Demonstrated successful track record of technology sales to enterprises or commercial exhibitors
- Strong understanding of Audio/Video products and technology as it relates to the target markets
- Experience with licensing IP to consumer electronics brands, commercial exhibitors, or manufacturers preferred.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills. Communication skills using the Chinese language (Mandarin) or Japanese language would be helpful but not mandatory.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Customer focused
- Self-managed, self-starter
- An aggressive closer
- Honesty, integrity in dealing with clients and internal team — no fear in truth-telling
- Ability to navigate complex, global customer organizations to find opportunities
- Understanding and working with centralized and decentralized organizations
- Keen understanding of consumer/customer requirements, ability to translate them into qualified sales opportunities
- Excellent meeting and presentation skills
- Versatility is explaining THX offerings to business, marketing, and technical types
- Ability to “read a room” and adapt
- Ability to handle several accounts
- Detail oriented
- Team player: Excellent interpersonal skills
- Takes ownership for personal career and skill development
- Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
- The performance of this position requires extensive travel (minimum of 40%) to interact with key customers, training, trade shows, etc.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 10 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
To apply for this role, please click “Apply Now,” to submit a resume.Apply Now
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.