San Francisco, California
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for home, automotive and mobile applications. THX develops designs, technologies, products and specifications perfecting the entertainment experience to ensure the artist’s vision is truthfully delivered to audiences.
This position reports to the Director, Corporate Marketing & Operations
The Graphic Designer collaborates with teams to bring concepts to life. The ideal candidate has a strong foundation in design and has experience in brand identity, print, digital and motion graphics. In this role, you’re responsible for providing support for the marketing department through a variety of channels: print, digital, web, video, and other as assigned. The Graphic Designer will develop and design core THX graphics, logos, collateral event materials and a variety of other creative tasks.
More specifically, the Graphic Designer will:
- Design modern, compelling and unique promotional materials
- Create digital assets and landing pages for website and blog
- Design print and digital collateral materials and sales enablement tools such as: One-Sheets, presentation decks, business cards, posters, newsletters, certificates, mobile wireframing etc. to support all business units (Cinema/Mobile/Home)
- Manage photo / video production (shooting, editing, retouching)
- Develop and maintain company visual elements to help ensure they are adopted by partners globally and consistently implemented
- Present a consistent brand experience across all platforms and devices
- Mentor in-house design intern, guiding career development and managing work assignments
- Manage and maintain asset library
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- 3-5 years’ graphic design and branding experience at an agency or with an in-house creative team
- Experience in concept ideation and design strategy
- Experience in technology and/or entertainment industries
- Must know and understand advanced features of Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Illustrator and Photoshop, and some knowledge of other prototyping tools such as sketch, Invision, framer. Good working knowledge of PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google slides.
- Experience with WordPress CMS preferred
- Experience managing outside vendors
Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design preferred, or equivalent
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- An aesthetic viewpoint that aligns to a premium brand
- Passionate about innovation
- Self-motivated, process-oriented, communicative and collaborative
- Strong attention to detail
- High level of customer service skills
- Self-starter with a solutions focused mindset
- Team player with a positive, fun, and engaging personality
- Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
- The performance of this position may occasionally require nominal travel within the THX organization or to other organizations, less than 5%.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 10 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
To apply for this role, please click “Apply Now,” to submit a resume.Apply Now
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.