The THX Certified Home Theater 1 Workshop provides consumer electronics professionals with the knowledge and training to assist end users with the selection of home theater equipment, basic system set up and calibration.
General Course Information
The cost for this single day hands-on workshop is $500. This includes practical home theater design information, a comprehensive course book, a certificate of completion and discounts on THX merchandise. Attendees must cover their own travel costs including airfare, hotels, parking, transportation and some meals.
- Attend the entire Home Theater 1 Workshop.
- Pass the Home Theater 1 online exam within 3 weeks of your course date.
One day, 9am to 6pm. Plan travel generously to allow for possible traffic or other delays.
- Introduction to THX
- Roots of the THX Performance Standards
- THX Certified Display Program
- THX Certified/Approved products
- THX Technologies
- THX Certified Venues
- THX Certified Games Program
- THX Certified Car Audio Systems
- THX Optimizer
- Introduction to the Behavior of Sound in Small Rooms
- The Value of Understanding Acoustics
- Room Reflections
- Bass Modes
- Noise Control
- Room Isolation
- Introduction to Home Theater Design
- The Audio System
- The Video System
- System Set Up
- System Verification and Calibration
- Marketing your THX Certification
- Market Research
- Web Sites
- Business Cards
- Company Vehicles