Product Marketing Specialist
San Francisco, CA
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for home, automotive and mobile applications. THX develops designs, technologies, products and specifications perfecting the entertainment experience to ensure the artist’s vision is truthfully delivered to audiences.
This position reports to the Head of Marketing.
The Product Marketing Specialist will be responsible for pushing THX technology to help generate leads, productize our certification programs, lead the launch of new products and support the growth of existing programs. Candidate will also conduct market and consumer research.
More specifically, the candidate will:
- Conduct research to identify potential and existing customers, competitors, and markets for THX products.
- Design and draft product-specific data sheets, promotional publications, presentations, advertisements, or brochures.
- Develop launch plans for new or updated products, create and carry out strategies for increasing market share of existing products, and assist in retirement and communication planning for product decommissioning.
- May assist in planning sales promotions or other special events, such as conferences, trade shows, or user meetings.
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- 2-4 years of experience.
- Perform work under minimal supervision.
- Handle complex issues and challenges.
- Knowledge of business-to-business sales and marketing practices both domestic and international.
- Willing to engage in both tactical and strategic work as business needs dictate.
Bachelor’s degree required.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Creativity, Curiosity, and Originality.
- Professionalism and ability to work as part of a tightly-knit team.
- Highly motivated individual, a content guru, and have experience and passion in the areas of consumer electronics.
- Fluency with creative production.
- Exceptional written communication skills.
- Ability to align with strategic direction and adjust, as necessary.
- An eye for detail, and a force of quality.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information.
- A knack for building collaborative relationships.
Regular, Full time, Exempt
- The performance of this position may occasionally require travel within the THX organization or to other organizations
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 10 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.