San Francisco, CA
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for home, automotive and mobile applications. THX develops designs, technologies, products and specifications perfecting the entertainment experience to ensure the artist’s vision is truthfully delivered to audiences.
This position reports to Head of Product
The Product Manager/Director will lead and manage the development of new product offerings expanding the THX brand into the consumer electronic space, initially with high-end audio products. The Product Manager/Director will champion product and the product development process throughout the organization.
More specifically, the Product Manager/Director will:
- Define a design language that manifests the brand identity through physical and digital product design and is flexible enough to accommodate the initial audio products as well as future product opportunities on the product roadmap.
- Manage development of physical products from concept through execution for a great user experience.
- Use on-going market research and lean development techniques to understand customer needs and deliver products that are valuable, usable, and feasible.
- Partner with other functions, including engineering, business development, project management, marketing, content, sales, support, and operations to produce the best quality products and services as a team.
- Effectively manage project scope, schedule and deliverables in a fast-paced environment.
- Develop and present user stories to effectively communicate the product experience.
- Represent the team in meetings and presentations to internal and external stakeholders.
- Identify customer problems and apply meaningful product innovation to solve these.
- Participate in and translate consumer/ethnographic insights into product opportunities.
- Contribute to concept development, individually and as part of a team as required.
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- 5-10+ years of relevant experience in product development and management
- Thorough understanding and extensive hands-on experience with all phases of the product process from market research and design strategy to concept development and execution.
- Experience in leading a project from concept through production.
- Well-versed in user-centered design methods and techniques.
- Ability to align product with strategic business/marketing objectives.
- Demonstrated project management skills or proven project leadership experience.
- Organizational skills; ability to set a plan to reach final deliverables.
- Self-motivated in an entrepreneurial environment.
- Must be able to collaborate with, influence and enroll multiple functions to deliver great product.
- Must be able to connect consumer insights, technology, sociocultural and market trends in meaningful ways to uniquely solve product challenges.
Bachelor’s degree or the equivalent in engineering or equivalent, preferred
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Passion for creating amazing products.
- Passionate thinker.
- Keen sense of style and details.
- Strong sense of workplace ethics
- Excellent analytical skills, creativity, problem solving, and teamwork skills.
- Believer in collaboration in a multi-disciplinary environment.
- Ability to move seamlessly between tactical and strategic efforts
- Excellent verbal, written, and visual communication and presentation skills; ability to assertively sell ideas based on solid rationale & objectives and to present design thinking to all levels of co-workers throughout all stages of process.
- Highly driven and proactive self-starter; ability to take on a task without much context and driving it through to completion.
- Able to think innovatively, see the big picture, yet still tend to the details.
- Inspiring, open minded, hard-working, collaborative, and passionate
Regular, Full time, ExemptApply Now
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.