Position Title: Director of Sales, Consumer Electronics
Reports to: AVP of Sales
Job Status: Full time, Exempt
This position will be responsible for the overseas sales for the Consumer Electronics vertical at THX.
- Gains access and develops productive business relationships with senior level (CXO, VP and Director) and middle level managers across functions.
- Provide sales support and act as day to day contact for customers in the consumer channel of business. Exhibit a high level of customer service, providing support and resolving issues in a positive and professional manner.
- Prioritize new opportunities based on strategy working with the Sales AVP and participates in qualifying new product concepts with selective customers.
- Monitors the business trends and adjusts financial forecasts, as needed, to insure financial and operating plans reflect accurate and timely information from key customers.
- Develops the Customer Strategic Sales Plan and maintains the Customer Profile and supporting information for use within the organization to communicate and monitor customer objectives and strategies.
- Provides sales input to the research plan development.
- Conducts regularly scheduled customer business reviews to insure consistent alignment and support for Consumer Electronics vertical at THX.
- Manage consumer channel sales statistics, billing, and royalty information; submit billing requests to licensees; work and communicate with Finance Department, escalate to and work with Sales AVP regarding outstanding invoices.
- Monitors category and product performance versus targets at the customer, evaluates the impact of strategic and tactical initiatives, and recommends corrective action, as needed, to insure achievement of business goals.
- Perform client and market specific research to effectively assist Sales AVP in efforts to drive more revenue.
- Reporting: maintain monthly forecasts, sales funnel, royalty reports, weekly project updates.
- Work with Sales & Legal to develop, distribute and track sales proposals and license agreements.
- Maintain customer contact database.
- Coordinate the fulfillment of THX promotional materials and provide shipping detail to clients.
- Respond to website sales inquiries and applications.
- Work with IT to maintain product databases and update customer and product information on THX.com.
- Responsible for creating plans to accomplish sales objectives, primarily achieved by calling on new and established accounts, identifying sales opportunities and working with THX Engineering and other internal business partners to gain licensing commitments.
- Develop sales forecasts and strategies with AVP of Sales, Sales Operations Manager, and Director of Finance.
- Communicate follow-up sales activities such as training, demonstrations and other on-site involvement to marketing staff.
- Work in conjunction with the Legal Department to generate sales contracts, inserting key terms and conditions relating to client negotiations.
- Communicate client’s marketing requests and needs in the support of sales efforts, opportunities, and promotions. Assist in the coordination of marketing support, training, and communication between client and marketing department where appropriate.
- Liaise and attend meetings with other company functions necessary to perform sales duties.
- Attend tradeshows supporting client relations, arrange meetings with clients and generate new business.
- Ability to articulate product features to clients, representing the company and all programs in a meaningful and value-added way.
- Additional assignments as required.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing or related field.
- Minimum 10 years experience in executive sales, technology or related industry knowledge in a technical selling environment.
- Proven record of success in closing strategic deals at all levels of the organization.
- Excellent analytical, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Ability to speak foreign languages, preferably Japanese and Korean.
- A proven track record of successful executive level sales, as well as the ability to cultivate productive relationships with senior executives and clients to ensure goal achievement through excellent management and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to lead through influence in a matrix environment.
- High Financial Aptitude: Possess strong business acumen; numbers-driven.
- Holds others accountable for commitments.
- Cross-Functional experience: Participation in a global team selling effort which requires development of collaborative plans with members of other sales groups, product groups, operations, marketing, etc.
- Proficient with Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Databases. Knowledge of other customer or sales management software applications a plus.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong research skills.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Willingness to travel 50% of the time.