Technology Project Manager
San Francisco, CA
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for home, automotive and mobile applications. THX develops designs, technologies, products and specifications perfecting the entertainment experience to ensure the artist’s vision is truthfully delivered to audiences.
This position reports to GM and SVP Technology Division
The Technology Project Manager will play a key role in managing the development of innovative immersive audio and video products, technologies and services, while balancing internal and external business needs against the product scope, delivery schedule and technical resources available.
More specifically, the Technology Project Manager will:
- Partner with research, product, and engineering to develop the program plan for each of the internal and external product deliverables.
- Work with product management and engineering to deliver high quality technology products that deliver tangible value to our customers, and meets or exceeds all external client deliverable timelines.
- Plan and manage software and hardware projects from concept to final delivery.
- Coordinate project meetings, communicate status, readiness, business issues, technical issues, resource requirements and their resolution.
- Manage the Product Development Life Cycle as the Agile Scrum Master.
- Align product sprint schedule with key technology group quarterly objectives.
- Identify and report obstacles that will prevent attainment of sprint objectives.
- Maintain project planning, execution, monitoring, and reporting, and report status and risks in weekly operational reviews.
- Maintain effective communication with research, product, engineering to deliver quality products on schedule utilizing the resources allocated.
- Initiate and drive software and hardware project development process improvement activities.
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- 4+ years project management experience with software, hardware or cloud products.
- Strong success working directly with product and engineering to initiative, manage and deliver high quality products and services.
- Experience with Agile development principles, best practices, and tools (Agile / Scrum / Jira)
- Experience tracking development and delivery using tools and metrics. (PSI, KPI, MVP, Burndown charts)
- Strong project management, problem solving and motivational skills.
- Working experience with audio and video products and services, preferred
Bachelor’s degree and/or Project Management Professional (PMP) certification preferred.
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- A highly motivated individual capable of initiating and managing technology engineering projects from inception to delivery.
- A strong sense of leadership, ownership, teamwork and collaboration
- Self-motivated with strong verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent technical project manager
- Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
- The performance of this position may occasionally require nominal travel within the THX organization or to other organizations, less than 5%.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 10 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.