Front-End Web Developer
San Francisco, CA
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for home, automotive and mobile applications. THX develops designs, technologies, products and specifications perfecting the entertainment experience to ensure the artist’s vision is truthfully delivered to audiences.
This position reports to the Director of Marketing Operations
The Front-End Web Developer will hold the keys to all THX web digital properties, put digital creations into motion and make them shine. This role will also be responsible for creating innovative solutions to web design issues, supporting efforts to promote partners and their products, and for helping to make the THX web properties more visually appealing.
More specifically, the candidate will:
- Provide strategic front-end recommendations for all THX web properties
- Effectively manage the development environment and launch strategy for all THX web properties
- Implement responsible web design principles to ensure that the THX company website renders work across multiple devices
- Monitor website performance, watch for traffic drops related to site usability problems and rectify the issues
- Translate business requirements into technical requirements and effectively communicate to back-end developers
- Provide website maintenance and enhancements
- Assist back-end developers with coding and troubleshooting
- Create cascading style sheets (CSS) that are consistent across all browsers and platforms
- Maintain graphic standards and branding throughout the THX web properties
- Stay up-to-date on emerging technologies
- Promote usability best practices
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- An understanding of the entire web development process, including design, development and deployment, and back-end knowledge
- In-depth knowledge of web technologies gained from research and professional experience
- A strong understanding of industry trends and content management systems such as WordPress, as well as software programs like the Adobe Creative Suite
- Understanding of layout aesthetics and a rigor for programming
- Strong project management skills
- Deep knowledge of SEO
- Experience managing 3rd party hosting
- Experience managing 3rd party development team
- Experience with forum software is a plus
- Experience will social media monitoring software is a plus
- 3+ years’ web development experience required
- 2+ years’ app development experience preferred
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Ability to effectively communicate and collaborate with various departments
- Ability to solve problems and adapt quickly to new web design and application trends
- Highly motivated individual, a web guru, with a passion in the areas of consumer electronics and/or cinema
- Regular, Full-Time, Exempt
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 10 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.