Events and Industry Relations Coordinator
San Francisco, CA
Founded by legendary filmmaker George Lucas in 1983, THX sets performance standards for world-class studios and cinemas, and provides premium audio and video solutions for home, automotive and mobile applications. THX develops designs, technologies, products and specifications perfecting the entertainment experience to ensure the artist’s vision is truthfully delivered to audiences.
This position reports to the Director, Marketing Operations
The Events and Industry Relations Coordinator will be responsible for developing an annual global events strategy, for the management and coordination of all global events, and for all global industry relations. In addition, this person will ensure that all event deadlines and budgets are adhered to.
More specifically, the candidate will:
- Develop, manage and coordinate an annual global events strategy and budget
- Manage all global industry relations activities, including the development and the fostering of relationships with trade organizations
- Book all global conferences, venues and meeting rooms, and negotiate fees with vendors
- Work with Product Marketing and Public Relations to develop event materials, and to promote THX at events
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics presentations
- Ensure staff is adequately prepared for event, including booking travel and managing of schedules
- Monitor budgets and adjust when necessary. This includes working finance to ensure all vendors are paid
- Ensure day/week of event goes smoothly
Qualified candidates must have the following:
- 3-5 years of event management experience in the entertainment or technology vertical
- Perform work under minimal supervision
- Handle complex issues and challenges
- Knowledge of business-to-business sales and marketing practices both domestic and international
- Willing to engage in both tactical and strategic work as business needs dictate
Bachelor’s degree required
The successful candidate will possess the following attributes:
- Creativity, curiosity, and originality
- Professionalism and ability to work as part of a tightly-knit team
- Highly motivated individual, a events guru, and have experience and passion in the areas of consumer electronics
- Fluency with all aspects of trade shows and events management
- Exceptional written communication skills
- Ability to align with strategic direction and adjust, as necessary
- An eye for detail, and a force of quality.
- Ability to identify and seek needed information
- A knack for building collaborative relationships
- Full-Time, Non-Exempt
- The performance of this position will require both US and Global travel and is estimated at 30%
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Individuals may need to sit or stand as needed. May require walking primarily on a level surface for periodic periods throughout the day. Reaching above shoulder heights, below the waist or lifting as required to file documents or store materials throughout the work day. Proper lifting techniques required. May include lifting up to 10 pounds on occasion. Primary environment: ambient room temperatures, lighting and traditional office equipment as found in a typical office environment.
THX Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veterans status, or disabilities. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
THX Ltd. does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters, including and without limitation, search firms, staffing agencies, fee-based referral services and recruiting agencies. Any resume submitted to any employee of THX Ltd. will be considered unsolicited and deemed gratuitous without having a written vendor agreement in place and only to the extent such agreement covers a specified position. THX Ltd. will not pay a placement fee. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of THX Ltd. staff will not be binding. It is the responsibility of all third-party recruiting/supplemental staffing agencies to know this policy.